The contents of the whitelist explained
The whitelist file is generated in an easy to read format and displays some information about the item and weapon bans.
This makes it easy to ready and allow for easy manual manipulation if needed to ban or allow certain items.1
- The time you generated the whitelist
- The ID and possibly the name of the preset used to generate the whitelist.
- The share URL you can use to share and show the allowed or banned weapons and items
- The ID of the whitelist, which you can view on
- The name of the whitelist preset, which you can view on
- A list of the global item settings used to generate the whitelist
- If there are only a few allowed weapons or blocked weapons a list of those are displayed per class and grouped by their weapon slots.
- The first line of the actual whitelist allows or bans all new items added to Team Fortress 2 after the generation of the whitelist file.
- Any listed item in the whitelist will have their allow or block rule, any new item will use the global setting.
- A list of all equippable items in Team Fortress 2 are grouped per class in catagories, such as hats, miscs, allowed and blocked weapons or reskins. The
1 behind the item name will respectively block or allow the item.
1 Although just generating a new whitelist might be easier and faster.